Apply for Semester 1, 2022
Applications for study commencing in Semester 1, 2022 are now open.
Wondering how to convert your ECE diploma to a degree? Boost your career by upgrading your ECE diploma to a degree with our teacher upgrade course.
This is a 1–2-year part-time course for those with an ECE teaching diploma who would like to upgrade to a Level 7 Bachelor of Teaching (ECE). Being part-time, you can continue to work while you study for the degree.
The ECE upgrade course will deepen your knowledge of:
• curriculum design, assessment and inquiry
• inclusion, exclusion and marginalisation in ECE settings
• infants and toddlers
• mātauranga Māori
• leadership in early childhood education.
Please note that, because this course does not include a practicum component, it is not a pathway to teacher registration.
Te ara tuku
The pathway consists of three courses, each 12 weeks long, and one 16
week course (Māori Teaching and Learning | Te Hā o te Ao Mātauranga
Māori) taught in semester 2, which you may be required
to complete if you meet either of the following criteria:
- You did not receive your diploma from Te Tari Puna Ora o Aotearoa/New Zealand Childcare Association (NZCA) –
the previous name for Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand.
- You are unable to demonstrate competency in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori.
This additional course includes a noho marae component.