Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand (ECNZ) specialises in early childhood teacher education, offering a range of diploma, degree and postgraduate programmes.
We are one of the largest early childhood teacher education providers in New Zealand, with more than 450 students of all ages and from all walks of life enrolled with us at any one time. Some of our students are new to early childhood education (ECE) and study, while others have been working in ECE for many years.
Te Rito Maioha’s programmes reflect our bicultural kaupapa and the best of local and international ECE research and practice.
We are proud to be one of New Zealand’s top early childhood teacher education providers, having been awarded the highest quality rating by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). This means you can have absolute confidence in the quality of all our programmes.
Students tell us that they choose to study with Te Rito Maioha because:
• all our programmes have a bicultural focus
• our blended delivery approach combines online and face-to-face learning. Students also gain practical experience and can earn as they learn
• students graduate with high-quality ECE qualifications, and are employment ready or equipped to take on greater leadership responsibilities
• we are a field-based provider and have 11 teaching bases across New Zealand. Our bases give students access to our highly qualified teaching staff who offer academic as well as pastoral care
• each base has a pouako, who supports students to build their te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori (language and protocols) knowledge and skills
• students value being part of the Te Rito Maioha whanau.