Letter to Iona Holsted from ECAC Kāhui Ako sub-group
A letter was sent on the 24th of July to Iona Holsted, Secretary for Education by the ECAC Kāhui Ako Communities of Learning sub-group.
Several topics were discussed at length in a meeting of the ECAC sub-group with the letter summarising the matters discussed.
The topics include:
- access to pipeline data which has been inconsistent.
- confusion in relation to the role of the Ministry regional CoL liaison people.
- the ability of Kāhui Ako to utilise their funding to support professional development.
- wider promotion of the positively received ECAC guidelines.
- the sharing of examples of authentic collaboration and how they contribute to achievement challenges.
- inclusion of Kāhui Ako to the ECAC agenda.
The co-chairs, Clare Wells and Tanya Harvey, now wait to receive a response from Iona Holsted.
The letter can be read in full by opening the Kahui Ako - MoE 24 July 2017.pdf file attached to this article.