- 37.5 hours per week
- Piki mai ki runga i tō mātou waka!
Kei te wātea te tūnga pouako i Te Rito Maioha, mo te whakangungu kaiako.
Mehemea i ā koe te tohu kaiako, e ngākau nui ana koe ki te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori, tukua mai to tono mō tēnei mahi.
We are a dynamic bicultural organisation committed to supporting high-quality early childhood education through initial teacher education.
Are you enthusiastic about teaching adults and undertaking research? You will utilise your skills and experience to inspire student teachers to reflect treaty principles in their studies whilst incorporating a cultural leadership role at the teaching base.
You will have:
- Knowledge of ngā tikanga within Kai Tahu rohe
- Experience or interest teaching adults at tertiary level
- Experience or ability contextualising te reo Māori me ngā tikanga Māori in early childhood education
- Knowledge and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Willingness to engage in further study
- Interest in undertaking research within a collaborative framework
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Current full driver's license and vehicle for work use
- Teacher registration.
Work within a collaborative team at the Ōtepoti – Dunedin teaching base, join a vibrant team of pouako throughout Aotearoa who teach and provide leadership in mātauranga Māori me te reo Māori, and who share your commitment to a bicultural early childhood curriculum.
We can offer a competitive salary, generous study leave and professional development, plus opportunities for involvement in research activities.
Applicants must hold New Zealand residency or a NZ work permit.